Wednesday 2 May 2018

Zoo Animal Assignment


The last class of life drawing was spent as a day trip to the zoo. The aim of this assignment was to explore the zoo and draw animals of interest. I found it difficult to draw certain animals that moved a lot so I started to sketch the basic shapes of the animals first.









Once I went home I looked at the photos that I took while I was at the zoo and began doing quick sketches of my favourite images and animals.















Task: To create a character out of four animals that you find in the zoo and create a rotation of that character.

Once I looked at the animals that I admired and had previously drawn, I then settled on a Chimpanzee for the head and feet, a Flamingos neck and body, a Lemurs tail and finally some peacock feathers to top off the head. 

Rough character creation.

This is my final turn around for my character.







I am happy with how my weird monkey/bird character turned out. This was a really enjoyable task to do as it was refreshing to get out of the classroom for a while. This task was quite challenging and it really helped me think what would work best for a character as random as this.

 Photos I took from my time at the zoo.



































  



No comments:

Post a Comment