Thursday 17 November 2016

[Gallery Visit 3:] Platform


Eternal Sameness - Jason Deans.










“What I really look for in my work is how the use of raw, natural materials can resonate, respond and retort to human interactions on the contemporary world.” 
- Jason Deans











He is a Dublin based artist, whos work felt very raw and construction based. This was my very first exhibition in the Platform Art Gallery. I found it very interesting, when i initially walked in it was lit very dimly therefore setting an immediate dark tone.




This was my favourite piece from Deans work. Due to the deterioration as the sand columns continued. I feel many people could translate this piece differently but the artist himself saw it as a connection to the property bubble and the collapse of the property market which disastrously afflicted the Irish economy. 









No comments:

Post a Comment