Wednesday 26 October 2016

Animation lecture


Animation was one of the lectures I was most excited for as I'm extremely passionate about the subject. I was pleasantly surprised to learn about the roots of Chinese animation as I was expecting to hear about classic animation studio like Disney or Pixar. 


Ink-wash Animation 'Feelings of Mountains and Water' 
1950- 1970 First Golden Era of Chinese Animation.

This was my favourite animations we were shown was 'Feelings of Mountains and Water' it was so stunningly portrayed created using ink-wash. The soundtrack and foley sounds used through out this short worked hand in hand with the motion picture and drove the narrative forward.

I found out that Chinese animation are heavily inspired by Chinese paintings, adapted from culture and elements of Peking Opera.

No comments:

Post a Comment